Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What did I do today?


Today I left some dishes dirty
The bed got made around 3:30
The diapers soaked a little longer,
The odor grew a little stronger.
The crumbs I spilled the day before
Are staring at me from the floor.
The fingerprints there on the wall
will likely be there till next fall.
The dirty streaks on those windowpanes
will still be there next time it rains.
Shame on you, you sit and say,
Just what did you do today?
I held a baby till he slept,
I held a toddler while he wept.
I played a game of hide and seek,
I squeezed a toy so it would squeak.
I pulled a wagon, sang a song,
Taught a child right from wrong.
What did I do this whole day through?
Not much that shows, I guess thats true.
Unless you think that what I've done
Might be important to someone
with Big Blue eyes and Bright Blonde hair.
If that is true...I've done my share.

I Love being a Mommy and love what I do all day long!
I love my boys oh so much and wouldn't trade
being a mommy for anything in the world.

2 comments:

The Henry's said...

Such a cute poem!! And very true :)

Em said...

look how chunky he's getting!